Skip to content

Amending your registration

It's important that you notify us of any changes affecting your registration, so we can ensure your Register entry and contact details remain up to date.

Select an item from the list below:

Update your contact details

If you change your Register or correspondence address, telephone number or email address, you will need to notify the Registration Department within 28 days of the change so we always have your most up to date contact details.

You can update your details online, by logging into My Account.

Alternatively, you can tell us in writing using the contact details at the bottom of this page. 

Your annual renewal notice will be sent to your correspondence address, so it is important that you keep this up to date and inform us as soon as there is a change.

Update your practice details

If you have changed your employer and you are now working at a new practice, make sure you either you or your practice have notified us so we can ensure your details and the practice staff list is kept up to date. 

Change your name

If you have changed your name you will need to send us a photocopy of the relevant documentation (i.e. marriage certificate, deed poll certificate or decree absolute) so we can update your Register details. This can be done by uploading the relevant document to the My Account area. Alternatively, you can send this by post, fax or email to the Registration Department using the contact details below.

Please note, as the Register is a legal document you will need to provide the relevant official documentation before we can change your name.

If you have changed your name by deed poll, you must supply the official document (the deed), which must be witnessed and signed by a solicitor. If your deed poll certificate has not been witnessed and signed by a solicitor, we can still accept the certificate as long as you are also able to provide a copy of your valid passport in your new name (the same name as stated on your deed poll certificate).

Add additional qualifications

If you want to request the inclusion of additional qualifications to your Register entry, please refer to the list of ‘Qualifications Approved for Inclusion in the Register’ (see the 'Related documents' box at the bottom of this page).

If you wish to include any of these qualifications in your Register entry then please provide a copy of the diploma or certificate. You can do this by uploading it to the My Account area or sending it by fax, email or post to the Registration Department using the details below.

If your qualification is not listed you can apply for it to be added by submitting a completed 'Application to add a new qualification to the RCVS list and post-nominals to your Register entry' form, (see the 'Related documents' box). If your application is approved the post-nominals will be added to your Register entry.

Change your registration category

Please visit the following web page if you're a vet and you wish to change your registration category.

Contact details 

If you need to get in touch with us, you can use the following details:

Registration Department
Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
Belgravia House
62-64 Horseferry Road
F 020 7222 2004  E

We aim to respond to all requests to amend registration details within three working days. Therefore, if you have not received confirmation that your request has been completed during this period then please contact us on 0207 202 0707 or and we will have a look in to your request as a matter of urgency.